Personalized Service for Your Unique Case
What Compensation Is Available for Victims of Elder Abuse?
When vulnerable adults like elders are neglected or abused, various personal injury and suffering damages may occur. A successful case may bring about the following types of compensation:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses
- Financial restitution for physical pain and suffering
- Financial restitution for mental anguish and trauma
- Repayment of legal fees
- Reimbursement for lost wages or income that incurred as a direct result of abuse or neglect
- Reimbursement for financial abuse that may have taken place
How Do I Know When My Loved One Is Being Harmed?
Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to tell whether a loved one has become a victim of elder abuse. The signs can simply be difficult to read. Many abused elderly adults withdraw and become silent on the matter.
When it comes to abuse and neglect, signs to watch for include:
- Bedsores or bruising
- Poor hygiene
- Your loved one behaving abnormally around certain nursing home staff members
- Unkempt living quarters
- Sudden losses of weight
- Unexplained bleeding
- Broken bones, fractures, or sprains
- Chronic agitation
If your loved one appears to have one or more of the above signs (or other signs not on the list), they may be the victim of:
- Illness from overprescribed, underprescribed, or incorrect drugs
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- General neglect
- Emotional or psychological abuse
Call for a Free Consultation with an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
For over 30 years, Goldman & Daszkal has provided Florida personal injury clients with extensive representation across a wide range of case types. Our passionate attorneys understand the complexities behind these cases—and will work with you every step of the way to settle or win your birth injury claim in court. Contact our office today to schedule a free and confidential consultation.