At Goldman & Daszkal, P.A., we are Coral Springs premises liability attorneys dedicated to serving those who have suffered personal injuries in Florida. We have more than twenty years of experience litigating cases on behalf of people who have been hurt as a result of someone else’s negligence or intentional conduct. If you have been injured, or a loved one has been injured or killed under these circumstances, contact us for assistance
A common way to prove that such a duty exists and that an injury caused by a violent crime was foreseeable is to show that a similar attack has occurred in the same location previously. For example, a hotel that has experienced a series of rapes must have adequate security to prevent future rapes of its customers. Another way to prove negligent security is to show that the business is of the type for which security is usually necessary. For example, a bar has a duty to make sure that it has adequate security to prevent violence and other alcohol-fueled crimes.
Among the possible damages that be recovered through a wrongful death lawsuit are:
- Value of lost support and services with interest;
- Future loss of support and services;
- Loss of companionship and protection to a surviving spouse;
- Compensation for mental pain and suffering to the surviving spouse;
- Lost parental companionship, instruction, and guidance and for mental pain and suffering for minor children or all children if there is no surviving spouse; and
- Medical or funeral expenses.